Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Average Time Use in a Lifetime

So when I happened across this, it really made me think about how little time I really have in my life.  I hope that the 1/5 of my life that is mine to spend is spent in the most valuable way possible, to both me and those around me. 


 I'd like to point out here, that all the things that are shown in this sheet are completely under your control.  Not necessarily how much time you spend at each of the tasks, since those are likely required by everyone.  I'm referring to the quality of the time you spend on each.  I, for one, enjoy sleeping immensely.  Especially when I have a comfortable bed, interesting and memorable dreams, and a warm body to cuddle up to.  

There is also the conscious choice to leave off some of the items on the list.  I bet people in Guatemala don't spend, on average, 19 days of their lives looking for the remote.  And if you have no phone, you can't spend two months waiting on hold. 

That reminds me of something else I recently learned about - Stop Doing lists.  They assume that there are negative actions you take that can be completely eliminated from your life, and should, to make room for more productive, engaging, or fun activities.  Maybe I should put "waiting on hold" on that list....?

No comments:

Post a Comment