Friday, February 24, 2012

Book-Bound Artwork

Wholly crap!!!  This website is un-freakin'-believable!  The artist cuts designs out of books with surgical tools, making entire 3D diagrams out of a single book!  Check out one of the pictures from the site below.


I can't believe the intricate work needed to make works of art like this.  It reminds me of an artist I saw who used layered colored construction paper to do make similar effects, but with much less detail or depth.

The artist uses an existing item, in this case layered paper, to create an exciting works of art.  But the artist doesn't do it with words, which are the traditional message conveyed through books.  Instead it is a visual message....  This is like sending a picture attached to a txt message on a phone.  But so much more cool!  It also reminds me of flip books because it tells a story in 3D.  I wonder what it would look like to have an overlay like this as a flip book....?

No comments:

Post a Comment