Monday, February 6, 2012

Colors - Moods and Meanings

Since I'm hoping to get into design, I was intrigued when I found this infographic on color and its symbolism in the United States.  And I liked how it even gave some insight into how corporations choose logo colors.

When I was young, a friend used to have people over every Friday night for a dance party in his basement.  It was a little lame, but I was 14 and had a really fun time.  He had an adjacent bedroom with a king-sized bed that everyone used for relaxing.  It was lit by exactly one bare light bulb in the middle of the ceiling.  Originally it had a red bulb in it, and everyone liked it because it gave the room a calm, relaxed atmosphere.  But when it burnt out, and was replaced by a blue light, everyone stopped hanging out in that room.  It had lost its relaxing vibe, and picked up something much more energetic, despite being about the same brightness.

Ever since then, I've paid attention to how color affects people and their moods.  It's also given me reason to pay attention to a person's favorite colors.  I haven't noticed any patterns yet, but a certain lady I know loves the color yellow, and she's one of the most bright, energetic people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment