Friday, March 30, 2012

Top 5 Map Comparisons for Mind Mapping

Mind-Mapping is a wonderful technique when you think there is nothing for you to talk about online. I took 45 minutes this morning to create some mind maps that allowed me to find probably 100 posts worth of topic material!  So here are my Top 5 Map Comparisons for Mind Mapping.  

  1. It helps you figure things out when you're lost.  
  2. You can see shortcuts between ideas.  
  3. Someone else can follow you into your psyche.  
  4. Shows you where you could use more detailed surveying.   
  5. Use it with a moral compass to find your way in the world.  
I've found it much more useful when trying to trace my own thought pattern than generate ideas.  I haven't had much luck using a mind map for recording a brainstorming discussion, for example.  I think using it for mapping my existing knowledge base is the first time I've actually found a use for it that I endorse!

-sjk

No comments:

Post a Comment